Thursday 12 June 2014

Graeme's Silly Bet World Cup Special: Life Is Life

The Shiftyslastword World Cup preview wouldn't be complete without a contribution from our favourite guest contributor, Graeme of Silly Bet fame:

GRAEME'S SILLY WORLD CUP BETS

I am so fucking excited, gambling is back!

I haven't placed a bet since the final day of the Premier League season, once again I didn't win. Thanks Norwich you shower.

This years World Cup is perfect for me, most games start just after dinner and close just at last orders in the pub. The only downside is that we will all have to watch some Samba themed Ray Winstone 'bet now' shite. These adverts must be paying well for him because they have ruined any chance of him not playing a cock in any future films.

Due to my copious listening to various football podcasts over the past few weeks I feel pretty informed about the state off the respective squads in the World Cup. With their chances and foibles.

Therefore this isn't going to be a silly bet but more an alternative look at who this years winners and losers for me are going to be.

Winner -

 Brazil, as long as they beat Spain, Chile or Netherlands in the second round

Failures - 

Do Not bet on the Germans. Injuries are mounting up for them and a quarter final place will be an achievement in my opinion

Uruguay -  are also old and going to be mince.

Inevitible Dark Horses prediction - 

Inevitable Dark Horses prediction - 

Take your pick from one of Chile/ Columbia/The Swiss/England/Belgium

Incidently you can bet at Paddy Power on the first pundit to mention Belgium as this years dark horses.

If Sturridge can start finishing in big games England could do very well I reckon.

Crash and Burners -

Russia- they have no players from outwith the Russian leagues, they are going to be shit.

Ecudor will not score a goal, I'm putting a pound on that (25/1 with Skybet- Ed)

I also think France will bottle it in the second round,

Cameroon, wiithout Yann Songo'o they are going to ship goals.

On the plus side, if England do well and achieve the unthinkable, the yes vote will win in the Scottish independence referendum. As Shifty supports Scottish independence I'm sure he will be roaring England all the way to victory. Honestly, however, after the juicy second round matches that are going to be served up by various groups of death I can't really predict much more, although I did have a dream that Brazil beat Argentina 3-1 in the final.

Enjoy this month kickbaw and I leave you with this video of Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment